- Information Collection
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you access various content, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or participate in our gamification features on the Site:
- Contact information, such as name and e-mail address;
- Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking credentials; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Site, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Site;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Site;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Standard server log information.
- Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Site for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer the Site, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Site, and other products and services we offer;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Site, content and advertising; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Owners and Affiliates. We may share your information with the companies that own Hulu or other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Site, manage databases, perform analyses, or send communications for us).
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Site. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
- Data Security
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
- Social Networking Services
Third-party social networking services are available through our Site. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, such as Facebook and Twitter, to share information about your experience on our Site with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Site. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends on the social networking service that you are a user of our Site or about your use of our Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
- Children’s Privacy
Hulu takes children’s privacy seriously. The Site does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by law.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- International Users
Please note that the Site is directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Site, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States.
- Your Choices and Your Information
You may "opt-out" of receiving emails and other communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature included in the communications that we send.
- Contact Us
Attention: Legal Department
2500 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90404